Follow my highs and lows of a small business, working with junk, repurposing, and creating original treasures!
Im a Visual Merchandiser, Interior Designer, Junk Artist, Collector, and Daydreamer!
My studio is filled with many old and new, shabby and chic, antique and vintage, one-of-a-kind items....
My life, and my home are much the same, 'cluttered and fabulous'!
Come and Browse....

16.11.09

Easy come, easy go....

My experience at 'Maison Montage' has been short lived....two weeks has to be an all time record, but long enough to realise, it wasnt for me.

That saying,'the grass is greener on the otherside', didnt apply.I think my time spent there actually made me appreciate Junkstudio, and what it has to offer!


And speaking of Junkstudio..., it showed its true colours on the weekend, and we had a great day Saturday! There wasnt the usual garage sale crowd, and as I said to Judy( she did cheese tastings and sales), there was a different vibe this time round, new faces, but also many familiar ones, and lots of chatter of their return for the December sale.




 I think, and I say this in a whisper, I have secured a good customer base in the 14 months I have been opening Junkstudio doors! There is a change in the air, and Im liking it, alot!
For those of you who came and also read this blog, thankyou. We had a great day, and I look forward to seeing you again in December for our big Christmas sale!




I finished this cupboard just before Saturday, as you can see there wasnt alot to do, just clean it up, make curtains, and I inserted some corrigated iron in the sides. It still needs a glass shelf, which I hope to get soon, and then I will be listing it into my ebay store. Although it didnt sell, alot of other big pieces did, so despite the extreme heat at the moment, I better get back to it!
Now, if I could just clean up my verandahs, my family would be very happy! Maybe it will be their Chrissy present to them! I have a storage solution in the works, hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for visiting, I always love a comment, so dont be shy!