Follow my highs and lows of a small business, working with junk, repurposing, and creating original treasures!
Im a Visual Merchandiser, Interior Designer, Junk Artist, Collector, and Daydreamer!
My studio is filled with many old and new, shabby and chic, antique and vintage, one-of-a-kind items....
My life, and my home are much the same, 'cluttered and fabulous'!
Come and Browse....

12.4.08

Are you ever too old?

Well apparently !!


When my son was born over 14 years ago, I knew I wanted to decorate his room with the theme, Noah's Ark.He had a few items, photo frame, plaque, quilt cover, a hanging quilt I made, and a large cushion.







But after a while, I started to notice a couple of new friends had moved in, bears. I didnt think much of it, at first, but they gradually multiplied!








A COLLECTION HAD FORMED, right before our eyes!




As the years went by, more bears appeared,and before long, my son was handing over the Noahs Ark ,for the bears!

A couple of years ago, the Bears all moved up to the shelf in the wardrobe, with Noah for safe keeping.




Today, my son came to me with a box full! He needs the space for bike gear, posters," you know, general teen stuff", he tells me......this is a day I wont forget!

Actually, Im sure he wanted to do it years ago, but knew it would upset me. He's gone to the dark side...

Of course I will keep these, I mean, it is a collection that just grew on its own, it has to stay. Maybe he'll get them back when he has his own children, in 20 years!!
























1 comment:

  1. OH NO i will freak when Sam wants all his bears gone!

    Ahh your boy is growing up Sue :)
    Testosterone is taking over.
    Oh arent you over joyed at the thought of that.
    LOL

    xo

    Shann

    p.s we need to do lunch soon again!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, I always love a comment, so dont be shy!