Follow my highs and lows of a small business, working with junk, repurposing, and creating original treasures!
Im a Visual Merchandiser, Interior Designer, Junk Artist, Collector, and Daydreamer!
My studio is filled with many old and new, shabby and chic, antique and vintage, one-of-a-kind items....
My life, and my home are much the same, 'cluttered and fabulous'!
Come and Browse....

6.11.09

A 'Junking' contradiction!

This week has been quite different from the past many!
Each day I normally put on a paint shirt and jeans, and head out the back to paint, fix, sand, and create!
But not this week, I had the opportunity to glam up a couple of days, and work in this very elegant homewares Boutique.



When you walk through the door, you think you have died and gone to heaven, it is just beautiful. Products from Paris, Italy, Portugal,Nepal, the list goes on, along with european prices!Unfortunately, they dont sell via their website, so for those of you over-yonder, you'll just have to come here for a holiday to visit!
To support my junking habits, I will be working there 2-3 days a week. What an extreme contrast it has been, selling beautiful european fragrances, jewellery, homewares, linen, and furniture.
Today, I slip on my jeans and paint shirt again, back to reality! I have much to catch up on, with only a week till my next Junkstudio sale!
Thankyou all, for crossing your fingers and toes, this extra work outside of the home will keep my sanity, and provide more income for junking, oh and bills!
Junkstudio will still operate the same, just in alot less time!
Have I mentioned I work better under pressure???

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that is so lucky to be working in such a glam job! I am jealous. I bet you just love the thought of going to work everyday now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a store, look at all that colour! Hey, we all need more $$ for junking..

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW... that IS a fab spot. Lucky you!!!!!

    Ang

    PS @Sue... ye she is funny. Too much fun....hhahaha I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, I always love a comment, so dont be shy!