Follow my highs and lows of a small business, working with junk, repurposing, and creating original treasures!
Im a Visual Merchandiser, Interior Designer, Junk Artist, Collector, and Daydreamer!
My studio is filled with many old and new, shabby and chic, antique and vintage, one-of-a-kind items....
My life, and my home are much the same, 'cluttered and fabulous'!
Come and Browse....

7.1.11

The norm...

'The norm' of day to day is near, I can feel it in my bones!!
I cant wait to get back to that place of creating , painting , restoring , and sharing....with you!


No new years resolutions here, but I have made a mental note to take each day as it comes with a grain of salt, lighten up , de-stress and simplify!


I am currently giving the website a much needed cleanup, removing and adding items, and less links...hopefully it will be up and running in the next few weeks.

 Whilst on the subject of business and all things junky, I havent decided when the studio doors will open again for the sales, but when I do you will be the first to know!

In the mean time, I continue to draw inspiration and creativity from so many of you, and look forward to 'The norm' returning very soon!

I leave with you, this image of my nan, at 90.
For the past 6 years, she has had no recollection of her life, us, and her existence...
She is living in limbo, waiting for the next stage of her life or afterlife to come.
Visiting and seeing her, puts alot of things in my life in perspective.
She is my inspiration, my reason for change and  simplicity.
I took many photos that day, I wanted to encapsulate every thought, every emotion, and expression she has had over her ninety years young!
Although she did not know us, she was happy for us to hold her hand, sing , and occasionally she spoke a few kind words.
Although she couldnt hear us,nan was watching and seemed content.I think she could feel the love, and felt safe with us.
Im so pleased I saw her again, and I treasure those moments, as they maybe the last.

Her daughter (my mum) holding her hand

Who would have thought she was once a ballerina, who performed in the Sydney Opera House!

7 comments:

  1. Nice post Sue and definitely a picture and moment to treasure. Happy New Year to you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your back Sue.Your Nan looks beautiful and you're so lucky to still have her in your lives..Happy 2011 and I will definetly be coming to your sales this year so I can meet you in person..xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue,
    Firstly, congratulations on NOT setting any New Year's resolution!
    I find them to be a bit stuffy.
    That picture:
    So moving and sweet, Love it with a capital L!
    Thanks for sharing such a wonderful post and welcome back.
    00

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful lady your Nan is! Thanks for sharing that part of your life. I was missing you and glad to hear you are doing well.
    You are so right; a lot of us need to slow down, simplify and just enjoy life! Why do we stress ourselves so? When our hobbies and things we enjoy start to pressure us, it's definitely time to regroup and re-lax! These things are suppose to de-stress us, not add more stress. So definitely take it easy girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a beautiful post.
    Who would have thought - a ballerina, so sweet
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the lovely photo of your nan. I can see the ballerina in her. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the pic of Granny would love to see a pic when she was young.How lucky you are that she is still here but sad that sge can no longer tell you stories.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, I always love a comment, so dont be shy!