Follow my highs and lows of a small business, working with junk, repurposing, and creating original treasures!
Im a Visual Merchandiser, Interior Designer, Junk Artist, Collector, and Daydreamer!
My studio is filled with many old and new, shabby and chic, antique and vintage, one-of-a-kind items....
My life, and my home are much the same, 'cluttered and fabulous'!
Come and Browse....

17.9.11

Its got to be-e-e-e-e per-r-r-fect!!


Hello fellow junk lovers!
Well the sun did shine, and the breeze was warm, and the people came out to play!

After the rush hour from 8-9am, I thought my work was done for the day...the next hour was dead quiet.
Even though I had made quite a few sales, I didnt spend the past few months , in particular the last few weeks, and late hours last night, and up at 5am this morning, to open the studio for just an hour!
But then...
Thankfully,the late-comers arrived, and  I had steady sales right up till closing at 1pm.

'Retail' is a fickle business to be in , unpredictable and hard work, with not always satisfying results. I work in a shop five days a week, and we dont know from one day to the next what our sales will be like! Almost classed as a country area, we rely on good weather to draw the customers in, but then sometimes the good weather keeps them outdoors!

 We cant win!



The one thing I do know, is that we offer the best customer service we know, so we are certain they will come back!


Just the same as in this lil studio. I can always rely on my regulars to come back, and for the  newcomers, I try to make them feel most welcome and a new friend to the studio, and me of course!

It is a tough time for retail, customers are smart, and the competition is huge, even when it comes to garage sales, fetes, markets and the like. 
So when all of my customers tell me there is a huge fete in the next suburb,( I might add I was sad I missed it, they are always fantastic), I point out to them how good it is we have choice, and although you might not get quantity in this petite studio of allsorts, you will get quality (junkstyle) and definitely leave with a smile, and maybe a new special or two in hand, and the knowledge that you have made a new friend, or, caught up on some gossip, chit chat and laughs with an old friend.

It is a win win situation for the customer all round!
A wonderful day!
But now I think I need a nanna nap!


Be back again soon, when Ive recovered, and cleaned up my trail of mess throughout my home and verandahs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for visiting, I always love a comment, so dont be shy!