Follow my highs and lows of a small business, working with junk, repurposing, and creating original treasures!
Im a Visual Merchandiser, Interior Designer, Junk Artist, Collector, and Daydreamer!
My studio is filled with many old and new, shabby and chic, antique and vintage, one-of-a-kind items....
My life, and my home are much the same, 'cluttered and fabulous'!
Come and Browse....

27.9.13

My interpretation, style, design, and simple living...

Ahhh, Spring not only brings the best weather and intro to Summer, but with it comes fresh ideas for creating, new colours added to the spectrum, and a renewed take on life, and all it has to offer!



Well thats my interpretation, and Im sticking with it!

You only have to flick through the pages of my blog to know nothing is set in concrete, I have chopped and changed my mind in so many areas of my life, and never been happy to settle for one thing, whether it be style, design, or even jobs out of the home...

In keeping with my undecisive nature, the past few months have seen me in three different places of employment, whilst still managing to clear out, simplify my home and studio.
On a more personal level, juggling the love and grief between family members with illness, and lifes adjustments to cater their needs, has been a journey of emotions.

Im now at a point where I sit and ponder, and ask myself..."Now, where was I"?


How many of us ask ourselves this question in a lifetime? Id like to think many times! 
Its ok to follow a path we have in mind, but its no fun if we dont occasionally venture off the beaten track to experience the unknown...
Well, lets just say, I have never been known to follow the main road / path, I like some diversity, the back roads have more surprises and interesting bumps!


So, Im back on track at the moment, working out of the home, working in the home, sparing time to create, see family and friends, and managing to fill some spare hours with continuing my course in design and architecture. Sounds like it is all falling into place doesnt it!!

Haha! My proven record tells otherwise, and thats ok!

In keeping with my road to 'simplifying', and a follow on from my last post, I have decided to 'hang up my boots' to this online diary, and close down my blog.
This is one of the few things in my life I have had for a long time, but it is time to move on, and try other things!
It has been a wonderful way to share my ups and downs with my business, and occasionally open up to my 'friends' with my woes...
This blog and everyone I have met and communicated with over these six and a half years, has taught me so much, and it is something I will cherish along with all of you who took the time to read my blog and inspire me to continue my passion and dreams.
As you all know, facebook, Instagram, and so many other social medias have made it so easy for us to keep in touch, and communicate.

So if you havent already, and wish to keep following my creative therapy for junk admirers, come on over and say hi to me on facebook and Instagram.


Ive had the best time, and look forward to reading all of these posts for many years to come!

XXXX

8 comments:

  1. Nooooooooooooooooo i hate change so much,not your blog,If you really do and i hope you dont then at least do what we have talked about and get it printed to keep forever as a diary that can be read without fear,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be doing just that Jules, thanks for following me all this time :)

      Delete
  2. Wow ...going to miss your blog. But will be on FB. Good luck to you and "keep on junkin".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanku Marilyn, would love for you to keep in touch on facebook.
      I guess times are a changing!

      Delete
  3. I completely understand! It's funny how we look back on the years and wonder what happened to the plans we had back then and where we are now and where we want to go vs. where our 'family' wants us to go! I too have really slowed down the blogging but have also started a facebook, which I'm hoping will be easier; sometimes blogging feels like writing an essay and it should never feel like a chore; when it starts feeling that way, then you know it's time to change; I'll look you up on your FB and stay in touch! Wish you Well!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear from you Debbie P, and would love for you to come and say hi on FB...
      I havent seen your blog for a while, though I will still be checking in from time to time.I cant go cold turkey!
      It just seemed the right time to finish up and move on, but I love reading back on the posts, and will look into making it a book, or 6!

      Delete
  4. Its simple but awesome design. I like your design, you have good Home Decor Ideas to decor home. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you don't define the right place now, just do favorite things and then opportunities will come to you naturally.

    Please visit my website at tesol cert

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, I always love a comment, so dont be shy!