Follow my highs and lows of a small business, working with junk, repurposing, and creating original treasures!
Im a Visual Merchandiser, Interior Designer, Junk Artist, Collector, and Daydreamer!
My studio is filled with many old and new, shabby and chic, antique and vintage, one-of-a-kind items....
My life, and my home are much the same, 'cluttered and fabulous'!
Come and Browse....

13.5.13

Procrastination overload...



You know that feeling of being buried in projects you pushed aside for a rainy day...and that rainy day never came?

well fortunately that day finally did come!

The possum problem I have had of late, has been the push I have needed to move some junk potential sales out to be cleaned up , fixed, and recreated.




To start with these two lights I bought from a garage sale quite a few years ago....I liked the look and I knew I could rewire them to work. 



Actually this one was an infrared heating lamp, thank goodness they dont use these anymore! I liked the little stand and thought it would look great next to the lounge.



So I ripped out the heater, and installed the new wiring, and it all went together so easily. But when I put it on the stand, and placed it next to the lounge, it just looked wrong.

I thought it would be better up higher, maybe on a stand....

So out I went to my stash of junk project pieces, and low and behold, I knew exactly what I needed!



I remember finding this little guy, and had to fight for it, all $6.00 of it! Even back then I knew what I wanted it for!

Well dont they make a cute couple?



For ten minutes work, I could have put these together years ago, but  procrastinating is a funny thing....

The other fabulous light has come in handy on my desk...

So I guess these are keepers....for now ;)

Another light-ning moment, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for visiting, I always love a comment, so dont be shy!