Follow my highs and lows of a small business, working with junk, repurposing, and creating original treasures!
Im a Visual Merchandiser, Interior Designer, Junk Artist, Collector, and Daydreamer!
My studio is filled with many old and new, shabby and chic, antique and vintage, one-of-a-kind items....
My life, and my home are much the same, 'cluttered and fabulous'!
Come and Browse....

5.7.08

Junkin' all week long!

Can you have too much of a junk overload??
I dont think so...well, I'll find out tomorrow, and see if withdrawals kick in!

Tuesday, 'Sue' came to visit, a well deserved holiday of three fun-filled days with my family and I, well I could think of better places to have a holiday! That would be enough to drive anybody home, and not need to return for at least 12 months! But not dear, devoted friend Sue, after the three days were up, she stayed another two! By the time she was ready to go, my family were ready to trade ME in! Yes, she spoilt us rotten, and as always, left us,and my garden appreciating her visit.



So we hit the junkyards, the garage sales, and everything inbetween! Sorry about the lighting, it wasnt the best...
This junkyard in particular, was one I have been waiting to share for ages, Anna from Villa- anna had told me about it.It is out in the middle of farm land, and sheds running the length of a footy field, were filled to the brim with rusty relics, antiques, and collectables, of the rustic kind...love it!The owner's name is Kelly, and the stories he could tell! Having served his 'apprenticeship' on the streets as a kid(his words), and dragged through orphanages, he has sucessfully built up this business, travelling all over the country to save these old and wonderful things.Obviously passionate about it, and more than happy for us to spread the word.It is a work in progress, expanding as we speak, but anyone and everyone is welcome.

This is what I bought, the basket, and few trinkets,


this is what I wanted, and this is what I'll be back for next visit!

Please email me if you would like details!

Sue and I finished up the week with garage sales this morning, and here are a few of the things I found.

I also bought some linen, and fabric, you can never have enough!

Cant wait to show you my progress in my Studio and office next post, so do check in!

But for now..back to work!








4 comments:

  1. Hi my name is Kerrie and I am new to your bolg (found you througheBay) and LOVE IT..

    Your quircky things you've bought interest me.. I want to go garage sailing with you...

    Please! would you share of this place you speck about..I love all that you have shown... I live in the Blue Mountains Hazelbrook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, I'm thrilled you found this place and also found some bargins. As you now know it's a quite a mess but the sheer volume of stuff is worth the trip.

    Kelly is quite a character and is definately up for a chat whether you are or not lol. I wish he'd open the "good shed" already but I wonder if he ever will.

    Looks like you found some real treasures. what is that white piece you bought? A lamp base?

    Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHMYGOD OHMYGOD OHMYGOD SUE where is this place ??? You have to tell me! Im gonna ring you to see if i can pop up Monday after i pick Sam up from preschool so you can tell me then ok PLEASE BEG GROVEL !

    I loooove what you got and what you wanted too :)
    LOL

    xo
    Shann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi fellow junk lover! Found your lovely blog through ebay (I'm also a fellow ebayer). I would LOVE to know where this place is, please? Good luck with your new business, I will have to pop in sometime, I'm in katoomba. cheers, Toni tonihut@bigpond.net.au

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting, I always love a comment, so dont be shy!