Follow my highs and lows of a small business, working with junk, repurposing, and creating original treasures!
Im a Visual Merchandiser, Interior Designer, Junk Artist, Collector, and Daydreamer!
My studio is filled with many old and new, shabby and chic, antique and vintage, one-of-a-kind items....
My life, and my home are much the same, 'cluttered and fabulous'!
Come and Browse....

9.3.13

Never a dull moment here....

Well my absence isnt from lack of stories to tell or projects to share, or even being time deprived....I have just been living all of it, and too lazy to document it!

My enthusiasm for blogging isnt what it used to be. As much as I am doing it for myself, I couldnt help but notice friends I had started out with all those years ago, have left and moved on.
I guess other platforms of communication have taken priority.

I may not have moved on from Blogland just yet, but I have stepped away from my job to get back to my first love ,Interior design.


It seems since I last picked up a book related to this subject, computers had not yet entered the household!
In fact, any diplomas, certificates and achievements I earned, were pre-computers.....
So, a refresher course it is!
As some of you may remember ,I was working with hubby in the pool business. Whilst it was an experience,  it just wasnt creative enough for me.



Preparation came to mind when I stepped into my office/ whatever fits room!


I have been busy organising, ready for the start day next week.


Thankfully the past 6 months, my Simplifying has paid off, and I have plenty of room now.

Lots of desk space is needed for my drafting table, and all the equipment I will be using.
This large notice board / bedbase will be handy to keep check of my assessments.

The other side of the room isnt quite set up, but this beauty will house all my fabrics and trims, and all the little treasures I will need. I shopped my home  for this one, but I created alot more work for myself.


I will share that with you next time. Lets just say the snowball effect came into play.....

I think I have my work cut out for me, but Im very excited to be getting back into something I have loved since leaving school...all those years ago!

Please checkout my home project I whipped up today,
over on my facebook page....

What do you think?

I'll be back1


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for visiting, I always love a comment, so dont be shy!